Tuesday 27 September 2016

OPC ADUCTS PASTOR DURING SERVICES

A pastor with the Christ Apostolic Church, Onigbogbo, Atan Ota, Ogun State, Pastor Olusegun Omoniyi, is basically sick after he was professedly snatched and tormented by a few individuals from the Oodua People's Congress.

It was learnt that 45-year-old Omoniyi had additionally sought total isolation after he was safeguarded by policemen from the Sango Area Command.

He said he dreaded for his life as the OPC individuals had undermined to recover and slaughter him.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the OPC individuals were following up on the guideline of a few relatives of Omoniyi's late spouse, Omolade, who had pledged to manage him over the infection and resulting passing of the lady.

Our journalist assembled that Omoniyi and his better half wedded in 1999 and had an arrangement of twins in 2000.

Be that as it may, the twins were said to have kicked the bucket not long after they were conceived.

It was learnt that since the demise of the youngsters, the couple had not possessed the capacity to have any kid, which brought about weights from Omolade's family.

Mid 2015, the spouse was accounted for to have left the priest regardless of supplications from chapel pioneers and relatives of the husband.

PUNCH Metro assembled that seven months subsequent to isolating from the spouse, the 42-year-old was assaulted by an abnormal ailment.

Omoniyi said, "She had let me know that her relatives didn't need her to keep living with me, yet I beseeched her to sit tight.

"In any case, at some point in 2015, I went for a congregation meeting when some of her relatives came. They took away her property. Endeavors at getting her relatives to accommodate us were fruitless as they said she had settled on her decision.

"In any case, in July 2015, I was told she was debilitated. On the guideline of the congregation authority, I ran with some different older folks to give her N50,000. Yet, her sibling did not permit us to see her, saying I ought to go alone to see her. We cannot.

"On February 6, 2016, while I was driving a congregation program around 10am, four men entered the congregation. Two of them were OPC individuals and the others – Adebayo and Stephen – were my significant other's relatives. While I was on the sacrificial table, the two OPC individuals said they had come to take me away.

"I let them know that I would not tail them since I didn't know where they were taking me to. They beat me up and one of them demonstrated to me a weapon and said in the event that I didn't coordinate, he would slaughter me."

Omoniyi said he was tossed into an auto having a place with his better half's eldest sibling, including that he was blindfolded all through the excursion.

The priest clarified that he later ended up in Ijoko, the camp of the OPC, saying the men tormented him before taking him inside a center where his significant other had been conceded.

"In one of the rooms, I saw my better half on the bed. Her legs were swollen and there was blood everywhere. I asked her for what reason she went out and what I wronged

"While conversing with her, my in-laws began beating me. I have never endured such torment. I told my better half in that spot that God would judge our matter," he included.

He said he sneaked into the facility's can where he made a call to a congregation pioneer educating him of his area, including that the last educated the police who raged the range and protected him.

It was learnt that Omolade kicked the bucket the next day.

The congregation authority was accounted for to have sent an assignment to mourn with the family, and Omoniyi additionally went with the men.

It was learnt that the perished's family professedly assaulted the gathering, demanding that Omoniyi must bring his significant other's body with him.

"To mollify them, I instructed them to discover where they would cover her and I would bear part of the expense, however they can't.

"As I was leaving, they obstructed the street and said they would blaze the two vehicles we took there. The OPC individuals, who had prior stole me, came and dragged me to where the carcass was.

"In the wake of beating me once more, they put me on the carcass and said I should bite the dust with her. They place me in an auto with the carcass. I couldn't remember anyone until I saw some policemen who saved me the second time," he said.

Omoniyi said he was taken to a private healing center, including that the area was not unveiled to secure his life.

He claimed that a top cop was additionally backing his in-laws, saying he had sought refuge for security reasons.

He deplored that his significant other's family had taken away his landed property, including that his life was in peril.

Our reporter learnt that the matter had as of now got to the CAC preeminent chamber and the congregation had not possessed the capacity to determine the case as Omolade's eldest sibling was a top minister in the congregation.

PUNCH Metro saw petitions tended to the Inspector-General of Police, Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Area Commander, Sango-Ota, Officer-in-control, Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Abeokuta, among others.

The petitions required the capture of Omoniyi's in-laws and the OPC individuals for the claimed snatching and torment.

Our reporter was informed that nothing had been done on the petitions.

A top pioneer with the CAC, who did not have any desire to be distinguished, said the case had ended up basic, speaking to Nigerians to safeguard Omoniyi.

Whenever reached, one of the in-laws, Paul, said the case was a family matter, including that he couldn't remark on it.

He said, "I am sad; I can't say anything in regards to it. It is a family matter and just the family can discuss it."

The eldest in the family likewise declined to talk with our reporter.

The state's Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, guaranteed to get back to subsequent to checking with the territory order where the case was accounted for to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts